With NPAR™, the collected EBSD pattern is averaged with all the closest surrounding EBSD patterns on the mapping grid and then reindexed. This approach reduces the image noise similar to frame averaging, but without the associated time penalty. This improves the SNR of the pattern and allows the EBSD detector to be operated at higher gain settings than conventionally used without sacrificing indexing performance.
Features and Benefits
- EBSD detectors can be operated at higher noise levels than conventional indexing
- Faster acquisition rates than traditional frame indexing
- Allows for fast collection rates at constant beam current or constant collection rates at lower beam currents and energies
- Ideal for beam-sensitive samples and non-conductive samples
- Ideal for in-situ and 3D experiments