|EDAX has introduced the new Octane Silicon Drift Detector (SDD) Series for its TEAM™ EDS Analysis Systems on electron microscopes.
By incorporating the latest advancements in Silicon Drift Detector technology, the Octane SDD family delivers high-quality EDS data at previously unachievable speeds. Until now, the potential speed advantages of SDD technology have been unrealized due to losses in data quality at high count rates.
With the Octane Series, customers are no longer forced to choose between fast data collection and high-quality results. They can now benefit from both to maximize their materials insight.
|Recommended Octane SDDs
The Octane Series includes four models designed specifically to meet the demands of key microanalysis applications.
- Octane Pro - ideal for oxides, semiconductors and B-N-C analysis where resolution performance is the key to quantifying light elements and resolving low energy X-ray lines
- Octane Plus - offers superior value and performance across a wide range of applications, including materials science, metals, polymers, simultaneous EDS-EBSD analysis, and 3-D EDS
- Octane Super - tailored for nano-analysis where spatial resolution is critical and for biological materials and other applications where X-ray generation is limited
- Octane Ultra - for 4-D analyses such as in-situ testing and reaction characterization where X-ray capture must be maximized
Octane modules optimized for each application.
|Features and Benefits
Advanced spectrometer design with on-chip FET
- Mn energy resolution down to 121 eV
Stable energy resolution at high collection speeds
- Data quality guaranteed at all count rates
- Extraction of high-resolution quantitative analysis at mapping speeds up to 200,000 cps
State-of-the-art pulse processor and electronics reduce spectrum artifacts
- World-class efficiency in converting input counts into stored data
- Maps can be collected in much shorter times, boosting user productivity
TEAM™ Software Suite allows users to optimize their analysis time and get the best possible data from their sample
- Smart Diagnostics and Smart Acquisition facilitate optimized collection and analysis conditions
- Smart Pulse Pile-Up Correction minimizes concerns typcial of high count rate collections and allows maximum use of SDD technology
Twelve second map of weld collected at 500 kcps.
100 pA map of photo paper cross-section.
The Octane Series delivers on the full promise of SDD technology – high quality EDS analysis performed at high count rates. With industry best levels of resolution stability and detectors designed with key application needs in mind, the Octane SDDs offer increased materials insight to EDAX users and allow them to spend more time on materials discoveries.